Monday 2 July 2012

June Favourites

Hi Guys,
Can you believe how fast this year is going? It seems unreal that it's already July, this year is going too fast.
As we've just broken into July I thought I'd share with you all the products I loved most in June . As I have recently written daily skin care and make-up posts, I have tried to avoid putting them in this one as to avoid repetition. Therefore, you'll find a bit more hair care and body care in this post.
1.No7 Pampering Dry Oil Body Spray
I used to  be a dedicated body lotion fan, I hate body butters because they mostly (with the exception of soap&glory) leave residue on the skin and it's hard to get dressed when your skin is quite greasy. I tried this because I had a £5 off voucher and that meant I only paid £3.75 for it. I worried it might break me out and clog up pores but it actually doesn't. It just gives a nice sheen to the skin and absorbs really quickly. Skin is left smelling and feeling great! It is suprisingly quite moisturizing and I find it has helped even out my skin tone and totally changed the appearance of my skin for the better! I lovess this :)
2.Paul Mitchell Smoothing Super Skinny Relaxing Balm
This was included in a Glossybox a while ago and I kinda put it aside for a few months and forgot all about it. When I went on holiday at the end of May I went in search of sample products to limit the salons worth of products I was taking with me and I stumbled upon this. I use it on the ends of dry hair just before straightening or curling it to help neaten up any fly aways and add shine. It smells lovely and doesn't leave hair greasy or weighed down. It's a lovely little product and I may purchase a full sized bottle!
3.TRESemme Split Remedy Leave in Treatment
I hate the majority of TRESemme products, not to be blunt or anything, but they always seem to dry my hair out or increase the appearance of split ends. However, this was the exact product I was looking for recently as I wanted something to condition hair and tidy up the ends (I can't remember how much I paid for it). This is a cream that smells lovely! You pop it on the lengths of hair just before drying to leave hair shiny and more manageable. I love this and the bottle seems to last forever! You can put as much as you want on your hair and it never seems to weigh it down or result in product overload. It is a fantastic product and I can't say enough about it!!
4.Mario Badescu Silver Powder
When I first heard and read reviews on this product I just thought Blimey that sounds odd. And it is generally an odd product. It's a corse white powder formulated from Calcium Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. It sounds more like a science experiment than it does a Beauty treatment. The funny thing about it though is that it actually works, and at that it works really well! The powder is super absorbent (I don't know the science behind it unfortunately) so it is great for removing blackheads, clogged pores and reducing excess oil. It acts as a mask, you dip a dampened cotton pad into it and then press it onto effected areas such as nose, chin and forehead, leave it for ten minutes and remove with a toner. This is amazing for helping getting rid of my blackheads and that is the one reason I love it so much!
5.Elizabeth Arden 8 hour Cream
I have the balm version of this. It's a thick and tacky balm that smells like orange and cedarwood. I didn't have high hopes after I initially saw the products but it is actually incredibly moisutizing. I love this for using on my lips, knuckles and elbows when I get really dry skin. This lasts the 8 hours and for that it is the best balm I have ever used. It makes my lips feel smoother and moisturized rather than greasy. The only pitfall with this product is its smell, it's overpowering and unfeminine and generally a bit blehh!
6.Real techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling brush
I friggin loves this the most. It is so good. I actually apply my foundation with it as it gives a thin but absoloutly flawless layer of product and it is able to get into all the nooks and crannies of my face. The handle on it means you have absoloute control of the brush and as the brush it not to small and not too big it is really versatile as to what it can do! I loves this so much !
7. Evil Eye Ring
A totally non make-up or beauty favourite but I have worn it near enough everyday in June. I bought this in Portugal in May, I was looking for a dainty, feminine ring I could wear everyday and when I saw this I instantly fell in love. It's small ,it's cute, it's fashionable, it's just lovely! I think it cost about $14 which means it was quite the bargain as the quality is really good!
Thanks for Reading,
Please let me know your favourite products of June :)

No comments:

Post a Comment