Saturday 30 June 2012

My Everyday Make-Up

Hi guys,
I feel like i'm still catching up with you all after a long break from blogging. After writing about my latest skin routine I felt Obliged to tell you the make-up i've been wearing religously for the past few months.
These are all the products I've been using...


Face
For my foundation I have been using the Rimmel Wake me Up Foundation in True Ivory, however I do switch between that and the bourjois healthy mix, they are both incredible foundations. I then use the Collection 2000 lasting concealor in shade 2 under my eyes and shade 3 to conceal blemishes and redness. I don't use powder or primer, they brake me out and generally don't seem to agree with my skin.
Cheeks
Cheeks begin with Stila Bronzer, this is so underrated im on my third one now and I love it. It's not as good as NARS laguna, that is the crem de la creme of bronzers in my eyes, but it is a snippet of the price and a fantastic matte bronzer. I use it more to contour than I do to add colour, Im so pale using bronzer to add color would be like flogging a dead horse! Cheeks are a quick sweep of No7's Coral Flush, a lovely bright blusher that gives a nice pinch of color to the cheeks. I finish this bit with a sweep of MAC msf in soft and gentle, this goes on the top of cheekbones, forehead and down my nose. This is a stunning highlighter and gives a lovely glow.
Eyes
For my eye make-up I start with a sweep of estee lauder doble-wear shadow creme in Golden Sands, this acts as a primer but adds a touch of color, it's similar to a MAC paint pot. I then apply my choice of colours from the Urban Decay Naked palette. This varies hugely from really nude choices to smokey eyes, my favourite shadow in the palette is side-car. Once a main eye color and contour color have been applied I turn to liquid eyeliner. For this I use a thin line of L'oreal Carbon Gloss Liquid Eyeliner, a phenomenal and affordable eyeliner that lasts all day. Once that is done I finish with a Bourjois eyepencil on the upper water line and outer third of the lower waterline (this isn't pictured as I only have a smidgin left, but its the black pencil with the blue writing, I don't know the name but it is AMAZING!). Once all that is done I finish with two coats of waterproof L'oreal Volume million lashes.
Brows
Brows start with a quick application of MUA clear mascara, this just sets them in place and helps make the shadow I use to fill in my eyebrows more precise and reduces fall out. I then use colour 1 in Rimmels 002 Smokey Brun palette to fill in the brows and shape them, once that is done I use the darkest colour (sparingly) to add depth and texture through the middle of the brow
Lips
Lips vary between these three, Nars Orgasm Ligloss, Natural Collection Rose Petal Lip Stick or Revlon Lip butter in Cappucino. These are all generally really moisturizing and subtle, alas nothing like the maybelline lip gloss I have just reviewed. I chose subtle lips because I like to focus attention on my eyes.

The finished look :D
Thanks for Reading!
Please let me know below what your must have items are for your daily make-up
Emily
x



No comments:

Post a Comment