Thursday 28 June 2012

My Daily Skin Routine

Hey Guys, it's been a while since I last blogged and I have really really missed it. It's kinda therapeutic to sit back and write about my latest finds etc. However, I do have to admit that after reviewing my blog I definitely noticed a lot of pitfalls and I want to try to make my blog a whole lot more proffessional, I also wanna get more in touch with you guys - my followers- as I feel I perhaps neglected everyone who has supported my blog. So - and this time I mean it- I am going to be spending a lot more time blogging and I want to spend time getting to know blogger a little bit more in order to understand how to improve and maintain my blog!

So, onto the more interesting beauty related babble. After a while away my skincare routine has changed a lot and it's having a great effect on my skin. After my proactive posts my skin was still, well, CRAP to say the least. My skin is a mishmosh of dry and oily patches and spots and blackheads. It is an understatement to say that i've never had an easy time with my skin! I suffered terrible acne through school and prescribed medications only worsened it (please let me know if you want to see a blog post on this) and since then my skin has never been perfect, even though it's a whole load better.

Since using the following products my skin has been really clear of spots and the overall texture and tone of it is more even. My dry and oily patches have drastically reduced and overall my skin is more radiant and I am more confident than ever without make-up. So here goes..


1. No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Lotion
First of all this smells GORGEOUS! I usually go for unscented products as perfume can often irritate my skin, this however manages to do the total opposite. Its a cleansing lotion that I use at night and throughout the day to remove make-up and cleanse the skin. Admittedly, one cotton pad does not do the trick, but these days I wear so much make-up that it is virtually impossible to just use one no matter how strong the cleanser. It is a really gentle cleanser that leaves the skin feeling fresh and dewy. I find a lot of cleansers can dry out skin but this really doesn't, it actually leaves it feeling very moisturised and fresh. Using your £5 voucher I think this works out to around £3 so it's also a bargain. I love using  this when I come home from work to quickly remove make-up and refresh and brighten my skin.

Boots Botanics Skin Brightening Toner
This may have featured in a prior post, I can't remember, but I have loved this for so long it should be considered a crime if it hasn't. I never used to see the point in toner and skipped it from my daily routine for years, but since using this my skin has changed for the better. It refines my pores and tightens them , and I have huge pores so this is great, it also really refreshes the skin! The bottle costs around £5 or £6 and for that you get 250ml, and considering I use this day and night it lasts about 3 months - no joke! This is also gentle and soothing on the skin and removes any last traces of make-up or dirt your cleanser missed.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir Spray
This is probably the most raved about skin product in the Beauty world at present, after it's recommendation from the one and only Victoria Beckham everyone seemed to go mad for it. So of course, like the sheep that I am, I followed suite. This definitely lived up to the hype. I don't tend to use this through the day I just use it along with my routine in the morning and at night, just after I have toned my face. It really refreshes the skin and adds a subtle dewy finish. The smell is strong and overpowering and not necesserily nice, but every rose has it's thorn as they say. The 30ml bottle cost me £10 from a website called escentual.com (who I will talk about in an upcoming post), currently im about halfway through this and i've been using it about 2/3 weeks, so it does last, the 100ml bottle comes in at around £30 but I pressume it would last AGES, so is probably worth the splurge.

Davines Authentic Moisurising Balm
Never before would I have considered using a multi-purpose balm for my face, this product is labelled for 'face,hands and body' but when ever a product claims to work for multiple areas I always feel that perhaps in order to cater for all areas it doesn't quite 100% work to the best of it's ability for each one. This however was a revelation discovered in a Glossybox many months ago. I tested it, I tried it and I loved it. This is my third bottle. It is the priciest item of my routine coming in at £17 but it is worth it. It has a delightful fruity smell and moisutrizes the skin without leaving behind resedue or making my skin feel greasy. It has a really natural feel to it and seems to feed goodness to my skin (I know that sounds stupid but it's the only way I could describe it). 

Boots Essentials Eye Make-up Remover
I went in search of a cheap eye make-up remover before I recently went on holiday as I purposely bought a waterproof mascara for the trip, and we all know how much of a pain in the arse they can be to get off. I stumbled upon this which cost a little less than £2 and bought it, without high expectations. I later discovered that this, considering it's price tag, is a great eye make up remover. The cream formulation means it's gentle and doesn't irritate the eyes, it also only leaves a tiny eenie weenie amount of residue on the eye. Admittedly, one swipe doesn't get waterproof mascara off, you do have to go over a few times, but for a cheap product this really serves a purpose and I am thoroughly enjoying using it.

No7 Beautiful Skin Radiance Exfoliator
This was another £5 off impulse purchase I didn't have many high hopes for. The smell is the exact same as the gentle cleanser - WIN, and it is packed with tiny beads thats gently but effectively exfoliate my skin to leave a really smooth and dewy finish. It doesn't dry my skin out at all, instead it leaves it radiant. This exfoliator is easy to use morning or night and even though the packaging reccomends using it just 1 or 2 times a week, I think it's gentle enough to use every day or every other day.

Guys, thats it for my first post but I have got many other ideas bubbling around in my head. Thankyou for reading my post and viewing my blog. You are wonderful people!!!

Emily Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment