Wednesday 4 July 2012

Lauren Conrad Inspired Make-Up

Hey Guys,
When I did my last Celebrity inspired make-up post (Pixie Lott look - LINK) I got a lot of positive responses so I thought I'd do a look based on one of my favourite style icons.
I have always loved Lauren conrads simple yet chic make-up. It is always extremely glowy and bronzed whilst remaining very natural and well kept. Whilst doing this look I mainly aimed to created flawless, dewy skin with a subtle bronze. Whilst Lauren's look remains fairly consistant, this look is more of her original 'the hills' look. Recently her look has been a lot more exagerated, for instance the winged eyeliner now has a larger flick and she often uses brighter colours, this look is the more natural and toned down version.
This is the finished result (im well aware I look nothing like Lauren)..
The products I used ..
How I achieved the look.
Face..
The look isn't that dissimilar to my daily make-up, it just involves slightly more concentrated bronzer and a lot more shimmer on the skin. I started with Rimmel wake me up Foundation as a soft and dewy base, this has medium/heavy coverage so it assisted me in getting that flawless finish, on blemishes and red patches I used my trust Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealor in number 2. I used the lighter colour to add a stronger element of light and depth, the look is strongly based around contouring so using this down the length of my nose and under eyes helped to achieve that effect.
Cheeks..
Laurens bronzer is very concentrated under the cheek to give the impression of a strong cheekbone, I used my Stila Bronzing Powder in No.3 with a small blush brush to create this. The best way to find the contour to apply the bronzer is to suck cheeks in and apply just underneath the cheek bone. I then used Bourjois Blusher in Lune D'or on the cheek bone, this is a soft peach shade with gold flex, so it achieves a natural glowing finish very similar to that we often see on Lauren. To add to this I swept MAC mineralize skin finish in Soft&Gentle over cheek bones and forehead. To add more definition I dotted Benefit High Beam on the tops of cheek bones, underneath eyebrows and down the nose. This adds a lot of brightness to the face and helps it reflect light giving a healthy finish.
Eyes...
Eyes began with Estee Lauder double wear cream eyeshadow in golden sands, I then applied Sin from the naked palette in the inner corner and across the inner third of the eye, I then used half-baked across the outer two thirds and Virgin in the crease. This created a contoured but natural eye, with a bronzed shimmer. I used a thin flick of L'oreal carbon gloss across the outer two thirds of the lash line. After this I applied two coats of L'oreal Volume Million lashes, to create an extreme black lash. I tried to leave the lower lashline as bare as possible, only coating the bottom lashes with a thin layer of mascara. You can add a grey eyeshadow underneath or a flesh coloured eyeliner across the waterline if you wish.
Brows..
Brows are thick and strong, I mainly used the darkest colour in my Rimmel Smokey Brun Palette, along with the slightly lighter shade to create well defined and dark eyebrows.
Lips...
Lips are a quick sweep of NARS super orgasm gloss, this gives a natural pinky glow and a soft sheen.
 
 
Thanks for Reading,
Please let me know of any looks you want me to create
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment